Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Novak Djokovic beats Rafael Nadal

Novak Djokovic has set himself at the top level players list with his splendid performance in this season. He sustained his stunning start to the season on by making it 32 wins out of 32 in 2011 and the latest is his 7-5 6-4 victory over home favorites and defensive winner Rafael Nadal at La Caja Magica in the Madrid Open final. This was Novak’s first win in 10 meetings with Rafael on clay and it was his sixth title of the year, three of which have seen him beat world number one Rafael in the final. It’s a known fact that Nadal has been the king of clay coat with 37-match winning streak on this surface. Novak considered Rafael as his most favourite and he added ‘ most likely because of my charming streak and because I`m in the shape of my lifetime and playing the best tennis of my career I am one of the favorites, but I think Rafael has only lost one match there in his career’.

1 comment: