Indian Premier League is considered to be the greatest of all county crickets organized all over the world. With great players, umpires, referees, commentators and spectators from all over the world, IPL has achieved its maximum this year with full of greatest moments and also some flops and bad events. Let’s have a look at the statistics and some interesting facts of 5th edition of IPL.
Under estimated KKR has bagged the IPL 2012 Trophy (Champions)
Defending champions CSK finds second spot in IPL 2012 (Runners)
DLF Golden Player of IPL 2012 - Sunil Narine (KKR)
Citi Rising Star in IPL 2012 - Mandeep Singh (Kings XI Punjab)
IPL 2012 –Overview:
IPL 2012 has 76 matches with 22,453 runs with 732 super sixes and 12,036 boundaries in its account. This includes 96 fifties and the longest six is 112 meters by M.S.Dhoni.
From bowling perspective, 857 wickets have been taken with 6241 dot balls and 154 kmph by Dale Steyn being the fastest ball of the tournament. This tournament has seen 29 balls with 150+ kmph, most of which delivered by Shaun Tait.
Murali Vijay (CSK) has become the first Indian cricketer to score two IPL centuries.
The highest run getter of this tournament is rewarded with Orange Cap. Chris Gayle (RCB) won this award with 733 runs off 15 matches at an average of 61. He is the highest individual scorer of IPL 2012 and also hits maximum number of sixes (59).
- Chris Gayle (RCB) – 733 runs
- Gautam Gambhir (KKR) – 590 runs
- Shikhar Dhawan (DC) – 569 runs
- David Warner (DD) – 164.10 (256 runs)
- Virender Sehwag (DD) – 161.23 (495 runs)
- AB de Villiers (RCB) – 161.11 (319 runs)
The highest wicket taker of this tournament is rewarded with Purple Cap. Morne Morkel (DD) bagged this cap with 25 wickets in 16 matches at an average of 18.12.
- Morne Morkel (DD) – 25 wickets
- Sunil Narine (KKR) - 24 wickets
- Lasith Malinga (MI) – 22 wickets
Best Bowling Figures:
- Ravindra Jadeja (CSK) – 5/16 (4 overs)
- Sunil Narine (KKR) - 5/19 (4 overs)
- Dimitri Mascarenhas (Kings XI) - 5/25 (4 overs)
Best Economy Rate:
- Sunil Narine (KKR) – 5.47
- Dale Steyn (DC) – 6.10
- Lasith Malinga (MI) – 6.30
Most number of maiden overs was bowled Dale Steyn, Morne Morkel and Praveen Kumar (3 overs each).
Rajasthan Royals (Rahul Dravid)
Kings XI Punjab (Adam Gilchrist \ David Hussey)
Deccan Chargers (Kumara Sanagakkara \ Cameron White)