Thursday, July 16, 2009

Beckham and Donovan make peace

David Beckham and Landon Donovan have ended their recent dispute as the England star Beckham resumed training at his US club Los Angeles Galaxy. Donovan recently accused Beckham of a lacking team spirit in a book. Beckham named the statements unprofessional on the week. Beckham, 34, said that the problems were resolved during a meeting of the two players in the presence of coach Bruce Arena. He said the meeting went "very well" but did not give more details. Donovan said he regretted "the way that I went about this process and I also regret some of the things I said."
Beckham joined the Galaxy on a five-year contract from Real Madrid. The BBC quoted him as saying that he aimed to fulfil the deal, but there is also the possibility that he will return to Milan next year - or even to the Premier League where he played for Manchester United 1995-2003. "Never say never. I would definitely consider it. When I left (for Madrid) my heart was in Manchester - I couldn't see myself playing against United. Now I wouldn't rule it out," Beckham said. Beckham is England's most-capped player with 112 appearances. He aims to make the squad for the 2010 World Cup in South Africa, for which England are all but qualified. (dpa)

No comments:

Post a Comment